August 26, 2008

Surprise BDay Lunch and Dumpster Diving

It is a tradition in our family (for us girls) that on your birthday all the girls go for a lunch date. Since my birthday was on Saturday and we were going to the lake; Mandi, Avery, and my mom came to Williston and surprised me for my BDay lunch on Friday. It was so sweet of them! They did have Tailor in on it. She was so cute to keep their little secret.

It was great to see them and do some much needed shopping! ;) The kids were so excited to see each other! They were a bit rambunctious in Maurices and Penney's but they had a blast! Then when it was time for the Wal-Mart run, Uncle Al took them back to the apartment to play. Avery now refers to my apartment as "B's tiny house" so true, so true!!

As far as the dumpster diving goes.... Tailor told me that she wanted to go to Trappers Kettle for lunch right at 1:00. I was trying to do a million things on the way out the door and Tai was getting a bit antsy with me because it was like 1:07. I had a box that needed to go in the dumpster in my left hand. I had my apartment keys and I thought my car keys in my right hand. It turns out that my car keys were actually in my left hand with the box. I threw the box in the big, disgusting dumpster and heard a clunk! You can imagine the word that went through my head.

I looked in and sure enough, there they were. Lying on the very bottom of the huge, dirty, sick, sticky garbage can. I'm just a little bit vertically challenged, so I called Alan and asked if he was in town yet. He said he was already at the restaurant but he could come bail me out. ;) Gotta love those hubby's when they do that!

But I am a Shipman girl and was raised to be just a wee bit independent. So I decided that I was going to get my keys myself. I had all of the episodes of McGiver running through my head when I decided to run up to the apartment and get a plastic hanger. I don't own even one metal hanger! You know the ones that are so handy to use when you lock your keys in the car or drop your keys in the dumpster.I ran back down stairs and climbed up onto the sick little thing that holds the garbage can in. I reached down into there and both of my feet were in the air not touching my sick little step stool. I hooked the keys and jumped off just as Alan came around the corner!! I only got a little bit of sick sticky stuff on my cream shirt, but it came off wonderfully with a little shout action. ;) Once again, loving the apartment life!! Friday was 11 more days!!!!!!

Thanks Again to my Tai Tai and Mandi, Avery Lynn, and my mommy for a great BDay Lunch!!!! It was a much needed fun day!

0 comments: