May 24, 2008

Typhoon Excavation, Inc


Some of you may be wondering what the heck is Typhoon Excavation, Inc. and why is there a picture of a big funny looking truck on your blog???

To answer your questions, Typhoon Excavation is our new business. (This is why I don't have anything else on here yet. BUSY BUSY!!) The truck is the newest purchase of Typhoon's. Owning his own business is something that Alan has always wanted to do. So... he kind of talks about doing stuff like this quite a bit! To be honest, I didn't take him totally serious when I started filling out all of the paper work for the loan. As a matter of fact, I did one financials sheet in pencil! So when he called and told me that we qualified for the loan, I went "oh s@!#!" He was apparently a little bit more serious about buying this thing to make money!

My head has been spinning the last 4 months as we have been building a new business up from scratch. It really takes a lot of work! I'm currently running on about 4-5 hours of sleep a night. For any of you who know me well, know that I'm not okay with this! I have to admit that I love my sleep! I'm not a sleep all day kind of person, but I gotta have my 8-9 hours a night! Anyway, we have both also been working at our other jobs and going about life normally. Just looking a little more tired! ;) And yes, I'm still coaching softball and on the softball board. All of this has to happen in the heart of the softball season--why would it happen any other time!?!? Ugh!

**Now is a good time to play Stop & Stare from my playlist ;)**

Starting up our own company does entail that we move the family. We will be moving to Williston, ND. It's only about 2 hours northeast of Glendive. It seems to be a nice place. (But they DO NOT have fast pitch softball!!! WHAT?!?! Tailor is like "Umm...maybe I could teach them a thing or two!!") Williston does have a Wal-Mart! Which is something that I've been deprived of the last 9 years!! But honestly, I'm way more excited about all the places that they have to eat!!!!!!! Williston also has a private Christian school that I'm signing the kids up for. It is fully accredited and they can go all the way up to grade 12 and graduate with a diploma. They also have High School sports. So, it's a pretty big private school. We actually went for the interview and tour yesterday and it went so great! The kids really liked it and the staff was so incredibly nice! No crabby secretary!! What will we do?!?!

So this blog in itself took me about a week to complete. But it's on here just for you Meg!! Just kidding! It's for all of you that I seem to have been avoiding lately. =) I'm not sure what else I need to catch you up on. There is a whole lot of nothing else going on in the midst of the chaos! Yep, I know how that sounds, but I'll let you think on it for a bit. =) ha ha

We are hopefully on the homestretch for being ready to rock and roll for Typhoon. Al's last day at Graco is tomorrow!! He is so stoked he can hardly stand it!! So when the big stuff is over and I'm just the good looking secretary ;) I'll have more time to post pictures and blog for you all. By then, I'll do it on company time too! I heard the boss doesn't care.

Okay well I appreciate all of your prayers as I'm sure your all going "Those kids are crazy!" I'll try as much as possible to keep you all informed, and let you know when the actual family move happens etc. Until then I love ya'll and miss you too!

xoxo

2 comments:

Megan said...

It's about time! Way to take a leap of faith I know you guys will do your best! Good luck! Keep me posted girl! Sorry I didn't call you back last night. I am busy trying to get things ready for a 60th b-day bash for Dad this weekend! Love ya and Miss ya!

overthere said...

Peter (of Sonia & Peter) here. Congrats on the new business. I sure hope your move goes well. I understand about being excited about places to eat!

So what does that truck do?