They have officially started working on our house! Yikes! It makes me a little bit queasy! I am so excited, but at the same time, I'm not looking forward to all of the chaos that goes into building your own house! There are way too many decisions to make!!! Not even just the carpeting, cabinets, etc... I'm getting overwhelmed with fixtures and door handles!! I also do not like making decisions like this on my own. Alan is currently working in MN. He will be working in ND next week so that will be nice to have him around for a little bit of the process. I have tried to make up my mind on as much as possible while I have him around to approve. One good thing is, we really have the same taste in decorating. Surprising enough! He does like a few more dead things hanging around than I do, but I will let him have a whole room for that. (downstairs!)
They are actually pouring the foundation this weekend because it is supposed to be nice until Tuesday. Oh my! Makes me nervous just thinking about it! However, please pray for us/me from time to time with this situation. We have just recently heard a few questionable things about our contractor. We did talk to people before we said yes to them, but these complaints are from the most recent houses that they have built. We are a bit hesitant, but our lawyer is on top of it and helping us out.... just in case. I'll keep you posted as we go! Yay!
14 years ago



2 comments:
OOH! Exciting! Yes, scary, too. I wish you well during this nerve-wracking time! Just make sure you voice your opinion loud, clear, often, and in writing! :)
How exciting!!! I hope it all goes smooth for you! It all comes together in the end, dont stress about it:) And like Jodi said...get EVERYTHING in writing!!!
Post a Comment