The song playing is my inspiration for tonight.
I know that you have heard the saying, "When it rains, it pours!" Well that is how I am feeling right now....so where do I begin???
I guess that the thing that is hitting me most right now is that my grandpa Arllyn (dad's dad) was just diagnosed with Lymphoma. It is currently only in the Lymph nodes of his lungs. I am having a hard time understanding this because to me Lymphoma is a very scary disease with no cure. I have just enough medical knowledge to be dangerous and I sometimes think that I know what I'm talking about. So, I call upon my good nurse friends for explanation. (☺ thanks girls!) He starts chemo in the morning and I honestly don't want him to do the chemo at all. Is that selfish? I just know that the quality of life that he will have after the chemo will be...not worth it. I would rather he just live the rest of his days as the crazy, fun, vibrant, joking, grandpa that we all know and love. The kids and I (maybe Alan) will be heading to Vernal sometime in the next couple of days to see him and help with whatever I can. Please keep him and our family in your prayers!!
One of the other things, we have a family friend, Matt, that is also battling cancer right now. He has been battling since he was 17 and is now 23. He is a good friend of Matt and Leisha's and was in Matt's line at their wedding. He is Houston and just had some more scans ran. He has a tumor the size of an Acorn on one of his ribs. (Right by scar tissue from where another tumor was previously removed) They are not sure if it is an operable tumor. However, they may be able to do radiation therapy on it. This poor kid is not going to go down without fighting to the very end!! His caring bridge website is what really got me crying tonight! Ugh! His sister writes and it just gets you! Please keep Matt in your prayers as well.
Alan and I used to bowl on a couples league once a week in Glendive. Nerdy, I know! But Alan grew up bowling and is very good at it. So, we joined so that we could do the "together" thing. While we bowled league, we met a lot of great people. Alan became pretty good friends with a guy named Steve. They have hunted Steve's land together and done some illegal hunting with my son in the truck....that didn't go over well!! (You have to know my husband and hunting!! LOL) Anyway, Steve and Amy's daughter, Janelle was in a terrible car accident about 2 weeks ago. She was not wearing her seat belt. She is in a coma in Bismark, ND. She had many broken bones, head trauma and a collapsed lung. She is not doing very well. They are continuing to work on her as her body ables. We all just keep praying that she will wake up and that there is minimal neurological damage! Please keep them in your prayers!
Okay last thing, I promise! There was a fatal car accident just outside of Williston and one of the kids, Luke, went to Trinity where my kiddos go. The whole school is only about 300 students, so yes, we knew him. It was him and his girlfriend. Alcohol was not involved. They were in the country taking her friend home from work. They were on a gravel road and going a bit too fast. They wanted to make it back to town in time to make it to the show. She died on impact, but he didn't pass until a while later. Neither of them were wearing their seat belts. Please pray for their families!
I'm sorry that this post was so doom and gloom! I just had to get this off of my chest. Maybe no one will read it, and then you won't want to smack me for making you cry! ha ha Please keep us all in your prayers! And please wear your seat belts! I know I sound like your mother, but I'm a mom! I can't help it! Until next time...
14 years ago



2 comments:
I wish you the best with all that is going on right now, definitely will keep you guys in my prayers!!!
And I have to tell you that this is also one of my favorite songs! I've had many, many breakdowns to this song!!! Stay strong!!!
Oh man, I tell you what... We have really got to be grateful for what we have. Everytime I get moody I think about my last move, you never know. It is a crazy world! Love you so much!
Post a Comment