January 9, 2009

Getting on the ball

So I gave all of you our blog address and then haven't updated anything! Ha Ha joke is on you! Just Kidding! But now, I am trying to get on the ball....

We have been very busy here in Williston! We've also been close to freezing to death and are almost buried in snow! This is the worst winter that I have ever had to go through in my life!! So much snow and it has been so cold for so long! The first two weeks in December it got down to -52 with windchill! Yuck! I have informed Alan that the next big family move, I get to choose where we go!!!!

We got back from Utah and had to quickly get Alan ready to head to MN for a job. The night before he was supposed to leave, we got an email. The company that he is doing the work for, did not have the work permits in hand! So now it is Friday and there is still no word about a start date for work. His two employees that we had to struggle to find are coming from Havre, MT. This has become a bit of a headache, but he is in good spirits and has had fun with the kids and I this week.

For Christmas, Alan and I got the kids a family vacation to Florida!! We are so excited to go! We are leaving to Billings on the 27th of January and fly out on the morning of the 28th. We will be doing the Disney World/ Sea World/ Discovery Cove thing until we fly out on the 4th. I can't decide what they are most excited about. I think just the whole experience for them both! Alan is really excited to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. I am just ready to be somewhere that gets double digits ABOVE zero!!!

While we were in Utah, I did finally get to see my new niece!! She is such a doll! Some days she looks just like her daddy and others she is a tiny Amber. I wish that I could be there to help Amber! Or maybe just to spoil Cailin??? Whatever I would be best at! ha ha I want to cry every time I get a picture. Which has actually been everyday! Mike is helping us get through missing her by sending us a picture over the cell phone daily. I have only had to remind him once. ☺ Amber is doing well, but dreading the day that she has to go back to work. I told her to just send Cailin up to auntie B!! I could totally take her while they work!

Well, here are a couple of pictures for you. Until next time...







4 comments:

Amelia Lewis said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I bet you are so excited to go to Florida-You will have a blast!
Amelia

Jodi said...

Thanks for putting some pics on here! Your folks look so happy with all the grandkids; you look awesome yourself with your new niece! Such a sweet little girl! Florida in January - great idea! You will all have a blast as long as you have sunscreen, hats, and water,water, water to drink. I almost melted there once but it was worth it!:) Have fun!

Jodi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Candace said...

Hey Brooke, I have been trying to get caught up on everyones blogs, now that the holidays are over. I didn't know amber had her baby. How exciting!! I hope all is well. We are hoping for spring to come soon too, but probably not as much as you!! take care! Go to my blog and see the rules, you have been tagged. (8 things about me)