October 24, 2008

Life With Boys..........

If any of you have boys, you will be able to relate to this post! My little man Huntor sure keeps me on my toes! He loves to make a HUGE mess of trucks right in the middle of the room. Actually, in this tiny house, it's more like right in the middle of the house! He can take up the dining room, entry way, and front room all in about 3 minutes! Lately, he has been hauling around batteries in his trucks. He found my box of spare batteries that I try to keep around for toy crises. He opened every single package and has been trucking them back and forth doing "hot shots" :) (His daddy does these every now and then when his HydroVac truck isn't out working-which has not been alot!)

He has such a sweet spirit and loves to give hugs and kisses. Every once in a while he'll yell across the house, "mooo-om" If I don't answer back right away, then it is "MOOOOOO-OM" When I ask him what he needs he'll say, "um, I love you!" It is so sweet and it just melts your heart! He doesn't just do this to me. He'll say it to my mom, Tailor, Alan, Mandi, Leisha, anyone that he is really in love with at that particular moment.

Huntor loves to be right in the middle of whatever is going on. He likes to Hunt and fish, play baseball-(which is a requirement in our family!)- and I can't forget about football. I'd have to say that football, drawing, and Ninja Turtles are his new found obsessions! He really likes to help around the house. He'll help with laundry or construction-type stuff. Even when it is not exactly asked for.....



Yes, he is taking the door off. I had planned to, but not at that particular moment!








Yes, he is painting in his tighty whities! They are still 4T and still totally baggy on him. He's 5!








And yes he is hammering one of his pictures into the wall!










So this particular picture that he is hanging on the wall has a story. And I knew that you'd want to hear it! I was cleaning house, because that's what I do. (okay sometimes I do it :) I went into the other room to fold laundry, and I heard some hammering.....????? hmmmmm..... I came into the dining room to Huntor hammering his picture into the wall. I calmly asked him what he was doing. He sweetly replied, "we did not have a family picture up yet, so I was gonna hang one up for ya!" How on earth could you be mad at that!?! One nail however wasn't good enough to hold the picture up! I think that there are 4 or 5 nails in it. Then a few minutes later, he was hanging a picture if Jayden, Avery and himself up. He is just so used to me plastering cute pictures of my favorite little people all over, our house felt bare! Here is his work of art! :)



Alan is on the left, Huntor is in the middle, Tailor is on the right, with a zit on her chin,(???which she does not have yet!???) and I am on top. I have a crooked smile because I'm funny he said. I will get one up of "Life with girls.." but that will have to be another day! Until next time...

2 comments:

John Weiss said...

I love it... what sweet kids.. Geez I wonder why ;)

Of course you are welcome to join... It is not just for the Hooters... hehe

I am in the oilfield in the Sidney area...

JOIN and we will forever be in touch

I love your Blog

Cheers and say HEY to Mr. Mapes.. I miss that feller..

ME :)

Jodi said...

What adorable additions to your walls! Huntor is such an original! Glad to hear the kids are doing well!